What should you follow when you buy a roof window?
You decided for roof windows and we compliment you for that! Accessorizing the attic with one or more roof windows to get lighter, for the atmosphere of moonlight evenings and for other reasons over which we won`t insists ….can give you headaches.
Which are the features that you need to follow when are buying a roof window?
When you are buying something new: a car, a lawn mower, a computer or a roof window – the features that this item should have, are actually responses to the needs you have.
Following discussions with designers, engineers, technologists and not least the end users of roof windows we got the following minimum technical characteristics that a roof window must have:
- sash of wood should be from stratified wood and present any nodes.
- forwoodenwindow,doublecoatingis required.
- for bathrooms and other areas with high humidity or hot steam is advisable synthetic material resistant to high or low temperatures (PVC)
- the PVCwindowprofile should be at least 4roomsand it should be reinforcedwithgalvanized steel
- tempered and secured glass
- minimum three seals made of EPDM
- heat transfer coefficientof the glassmust be at least1.2W/m² K
- burglary hardware
- the manufacturer must have at least 15-20 years of experience in the production of roof windows ( that he survived on the Western Europe market, is a minimum guarantee of product quality)
For the analysis was took into account the following:
- • frequency window and glass cleaning – once a week
- • frequent opening / closing day – 10/15 per day
- • the average moisture
- • cycles of summer – winter